A web browser that respects your privacy.
Download Privacy Browser MOD APK
Privacy Browser has two primary goals.
1. Minimize the amount of information that is sent to the internet.
2. Minimize the amount of information that is stored on the device.
In contrast, privacy sensitive features are disabled by default in Privacy Browser. If one of these technologies is required for a website to function correctly, the user may choose to turn it on for just that visit. Or, they can use domain settings to automatically turn on certain features when entering a specific website and turn them off again when leaving.
Privacy Browser currently uses Android’s built-in WebView to render web pages. As such, it works best when the latest version of WebView is installed (see https://www.stoutner.com/privacy-browser/common-settings/webview/). In the 4.x series, Privacy Browser will switch to a forked version of Android’s WebView called Privacy WebView that will allow for advanced privacy features.
Warning: Android KitKat (version 4.4.x, API 19) ships an older version of OpenSSL, which is susceptible to MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks when browsing websites that use outdated protocols and cipher suites. More information about this issue is available at https://www.stoutner.com/kitkat-security-problems/.
• Integrated EasyList ad blocking.
• Tor Orbot proxy support.
• SSL certificate pinning.
• Import/export of settings and bookmarks.
• Add an option to move the app bar to the bottom.
• Reimplement the saving of web archives.
• Reimplement the option to use an external app to download files.
• Add fallbacks to open alternate download managers.
• Add Monocles to the list of search engines.
• Remove Do Not Track and third-party cookies.
• Offer to open content URLs shared by other apps.
• Handle content URLs and untrusted SSL certificates in View Source.
• Fix UI freezing while downloading on some devices.
➥ Downl0ad Now ↵