OpenMRS (Medial Record System) Over All
If you are looking for an Enterprise Level Medical Record System which is free then you must give a try to OpenMRS. It is a community-developed tool which is supported globally by professionals. As far as security is concerned no one can make changes in the database sensitive parts to make sure that this tool never allows hijacking its database. It is developed under Mozilla Public license for resource-poor environments and kept open source which allows you to make changes to the tool as required rather than designing a completely new tool from scratch. You can generate many reports, data, and forms without any programming.
An easy to use environment is provided by this software which helps the medical staff to operate it without any technical information. Health Care disclaimer is added to avoid the illegal use of the tool. It can be integrated with SMS messaging and many other advanced features. This tool can be used without upgrading which means that if the tool expires you will even then be able to use the tool.
Features of OpenMRS Software
OpenMRS is loaded with many advanced features including
- Easy to use
- Open Source
- Generate reports and forms without programming
- Older versions can run without updating
- SMS messaging integration
- Tools to link with handheld devices
- Data collection tools for research
- Patient dashboard and much more
System Requirements for OpenMRS
Make sure that your system meets the given requirements before you download and install OpenMRS
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista or Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Free Disk Space: Minimum 50GB of free disk space (500GB recommended depending upon the number of patients)
- Installed Memory (RAM): Minimum 2GB of RAM required (8GB recommended)
- Processor: Dual Core Processor required (Quad core recommended if number of records are more than 250,000)
Click the below link to download the standalone zip of Open Medical Record System for Windows x86 and x64 architecture. It is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows.